My transition to veganism has taken almost 5 years so be patient – you need to get used to it. That said, these are my ultimate go-to staples to annihilate a sugar craving:
- Tangerines – for some reason citric flavours really cut down the sugar craving for me for a lot of times. If that doesn’t work, go to the second option:
- Frozen grapes – that’s it: grapes on the freezer for a bit taste sweeter and refreshing. It’s magic.
- Ok, fruit is not cutting it. How about a few dried figs or a date with a walnut? NHAM.
Need more sweetness?
Raw Brownies from the amazing Deliciously Ella – no cooking involved, just throw stuff together. Recipe here!
Banana Blueberry Ice Cream – I do this all the time. There are many variations but this is a good one. You will need:
- 2 frozen bananas cut in pieces (ripe)
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries
- Put everything in a blender. It is difficult in the beginning, so move the bandanna around if necessary
- Blend until thick and smooth
- Serve or put it back in the freezer for a bit
Orange Cake (or cake for dummies)
- 1 whole orange
- 1 cup of flour
- ¾ cup of brown sugar or sweetener of choice
- ¾ cup of oil (which, as I am trying to stay away from, you can substitute for ¼ cup flaxseed + ¼ cup water)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Remove the orange seeds. Leave the skin!
- Put all ingredients on a blender
- Cook at 180ºc for approximately 30 min.
Don’t want to cook? Out and about? Here are some nice ready-made treats:
Nakd bars – I am OBSESSED with the Caffe Mocha flavor – put it on the fridge for a few minutes before eating and it just melts in your mouth!
Wyldsson “Nutella” – it’s actually better then Nutella. You’re welcome. No palm oil or refined sugar. It’s THE BOMB.
Booja Booja ice cream – These products are quite expensive but really delicious. My favorite is the Hunky Punky Chocolate, which is made of water, agave syrup, cashew nuts and cocoa powder.